Thursday, March 1, 2012

Eight Games I Bought, Played (part of), and Tossed

Let's get this straight. I would never "toss," a video game. I wouldn't throw it to you in a game of catch, chuck it in the garbage, and I would never mix it with a salad. That would just be weird.

I often get overly excited about a game and my impulsiveness kicks in. I see it, I want it, I buy it. I bring it home and I unwrap the plastic. After a short battle, I finally peel the seal off of the case. Finally it's in my Xbox. Game on!

Then I play it for a while. I try to get into the game but it's just not clicking. I get bored. I forget about it and it begins to collect dust on my shelf. Eventually I blow the dust off and sell the game. My memory is cleared of the game. All but my hopes and expectations.

Here are the eight games that I "tossed." Why eight? Because it just worked out that way.



Alice: Madness Returns
I was expecting a creepy, gruesome, murderous Alice. The character control was terrible. The scenery was beautiful. Still, no blood, guts, or gore. Just Alice bouncing around.
 


 Saints Row the Third
I hate doing this but what's all the hype? I haven't played the other Saints Row games and I found this one just Okay. I need more than okay. I need GTA.



RAGE
This game had advertisements everywhere. And when I say advertisements I mean billboards. I felt like I was being watched. The interaction with objects was touchy. The missions were mediocre.



Brink
I wanted a new first person shooter. I'm usually on board with all games from Bethesda. Brink not so much. The movement was to rigid. I didn't feel the the characters flowed very smoothly through the environment.





Catherine
I don't think I've ever seen a wink of anime before this game. It was too much. Too many cut scenes and too little game play. The puzzles were fun the first few times but became repetitive.



Child of Eden
I bought my Kinect within the last year. Like most people that aren't children it doesn't get used very often. Child of Eden is a techno soundtrack visualized. Music cool. Visualization cool. Game play cool; for five minutes. 





TDU2: Test Drive Unlimited
It was terrible. I hated it. Glitches. It's a driving game. Can we just drive?




Halo: Combat Evolved: Anniversary
I'm having trouble admitting this one as I am a huge Halo fan. Halo was the beginning of my Xbox life. I have played all of the Halo games but the the original. Maybe that's why I didn't like it? It felt too primitive (eek).





1 comment:

  1. I agreed with every game on your list but Saint Row the Third. I loved that game! To each their own I guess : )

    ReplyDelete