Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Xbox. I want you to be perfect.

I can't tell you how many times I've been playing my Xbox and thought "Why hasn't Xbox done this yet!?" and "How cool would it be if my Xbox could do this..." Be magical Xbox and do this:


1. Music
 Everybody get's annoyed when a gamer blares their music through their mic. You. Me. Everybody. It sound's terrible and 90% of the time it's just crappy music. So why can't we share our music with our party (legally of course)? I'm no expert but I know it's possible. It's Microsoft dang it!

We can all listen to last.fm and IHeartRadio for free on Xbox live, just not together. There's got to be a way to run one of said music programs, in a party, while playing a game. Mash all of the party members "liked" songs together and ba-da-bing!   


  
2. Expansion Packs
This doesn't apply to many games. Actually I can only think of one game. The Sims 3.

I used to play it for hours and hours on the PC. So, naturally I was excited when I heard it was coming out on consoles. Then they came out with The Sims 3: Pets. Same game plus cats and dogs. Come on! Did it really have to cost so much for a slight change to the original? Why not put it on XBL as an "expansion pack/add-on."

I should have waited until it was cheaper.
Wait. I shouldn't have bought it. 


3. Internet Search
Just going to be honest. I'm not impressed with the Bing search on Xbox Live. It was not what I expected. I think I was just being a bit loopy and imagined something amazing. Like a computer. I have to remember that a game console is not a PC. But come on, it kind of feels like it's going that way?

My expectations were clearly too extravagant for my little Xbox. I want a search option that gives me more than just the option to spend more money (games, music, movies).


How about a full on Bing search with cheats, blogs, and actual websites?


4. Social Networking 
I love twitter. Twitter on Xbox Live I just kind of like. If you've used it on your Xbox then you know what I'm talking about. I don't even feel the need to go into detail. Xbox simply needs a better Twitter program.

So you know how there's buttons/links on websites to "like," "follow," and "share?" How about something similar for Xbox Live accounts? Find a cool image; share it with your XBL friends. Read a cool blog; friend the writer.

Oh the possibilities.  
  
Why doesn't such an awesome company do the amazing things that I know it can!? Maybe the next generation console will live up to my expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment