Sunday, March 11, 2012

The 90's: Game's I Loved

My last post was about the games that influenced me as a gamer today. The majority of these games included games from the 90's. It got me thinking, what other games did I love as a kid? Well here they are and where you can download them (some of them). Many of them have several versions; I have included the links to the versions I remember. 

Some great websites to find these games and other abandonware:
MyAbandonWare
Abandonia
Acid-Play
C-DOS Abandonware


Anyone who had Microsoft played this pack of games. It included a lot of card games and the basics like Tetris, Minesweeper, and chess. My favorite game in the pack had to be Chips Challenge.

I also spent a lot of time on MEP playing:
I watched the TV show on PBS and played the deluxe edition on PC. I had ton's of fun with it and what do ya' know, it's educational.






My brother and I used to play Double Dragon on the Sega Genesis. It was great playing multiplayer as I wasn't the best at it. It was my first "action" game on a console.






Another game I played on the Sega Genesis. I honestly have no idea what version of the game I played. All I know is I absolutely loved it.  










Drum roll please...


 PaRappa the Rapper
This game was so entertaining that I had to put a video up of it. Pretty funny stuff. I played PaRappa the Rapper on the PS1. It was a 90's style of guitar hero.

I played PaRappa on a demo disc. I never owned the entire version. Most of the time the sensei would tell me that I failed. Probably a good thing my parents didn't spend the money. 









Game On!

No comments:

Post a Comment